Friday, June 11, 2010

Why Evangelical Christians Support Israel

I have had the great pleasure of working with Christian Zionists and have found the REAL reason Christians support Israel on a religious basis. I shall now plaigerize the book STANDING WITH ISRAEL - WHY CHRISTIANS SUPPORT THE JEWISH STATE by David Brog.

In Genesis 12:3, God promises Abraham that, "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you." The "you" employed here is a plural, referring to Abraham and his descendants, that is Israel. To a dispensationalist, therefore, Genesis 12:3 practically commands philo-Semitism and Zionism. Genesis 12:3 is Christian Zionism in a nutshell.

This then, is the REAL reason why many American Christian evangelicals support Israel. They believe it is a Gd-given commandment.  I just thought you should know.

3 comments:

Robert Laity said...

"Yes,Virginia,there is a Santa Claus..."
http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=371

"THERE IS NO 'PRESIDENT' OBAMA,however:
http://www.thepostemail.com/2010/08/17/there-is-no-president-obama/

Anonymous said...

I support Israel because I love Israel and because Jesus was Jewish! The blessings from G-d for doing so is a fringe benefit that I won't refuse.

Robert Laity said...

That was I,Robert Laity.that said
"I support Israel because I love Israel..."